Lying in Judgment, author Gary Corbin’s best-selling debut novel (2016), will be available in audiobook format in time for Christmas, 2018!
Narrated by the author in order to capture the original intent and to showcase the author’s unique and compelling narrative style, the audio version will be available in through Audible, iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, Kobo, Nook Audio, and over 20 other channels and formats.
No specific release date has been set, but expect an announcement before Thanksgiving, with pre-orders available by Black Friday or Cyber Monday and delivery in time for the holidays.
Want a sample? Check out this sample chapter here!
The Mountain Man’s Badge
Just released from mystery author Gary Corbin:
The third book in the Mountain Man Mysteries series!
Lehigh Carter never asked to be sheriff. And he sure never wanted to arrest his new father-in-law for murder.
Lehigh Carter reluctantly becomes sheriff of sleepy little Mt. Hood County. Then poachers discover the murdered body of Everett Downey, the most despised man in town, and the evidence compels Lehigh to arrest his new father-in-law, George McBride—a move that immediately puts his marriage on the rocks. The old boy network in town, largely responsible for the favoritism, corruption, and scandal plaguing the sheriff’s office for decades, seems determined to portray Lehigh as inept and even more corrupt than his predecessor. Soon, Lehigh suspects that those most intent on pinning the murder on George McBride have reasons far more sinister than blocking Lehigh’s agenda of reform.
Can Lehigh uncover the truth behind Everett Downey’s murder without becoming the killer’s next victim?
Get more details on The Mountain Man’s Badge.
In this sequel to award-winning courtroom thriller Lying in Judgment, Peter Robertson must choose between two horrible options. Both involve death and revenge.
Published and Produced Work from Author Gary Corbin
In the tradition of Philip Margolin, Scott Turow, David Baldacci, Lisa Scottoline and Michael Connelly, mystery author Gary Corbin’s thrillers feature complex, realistic characters, revealing their inner struggles as they strive to achieve their own unique concepts of justice. Current works include:
- Lying in Judgment, the story of a man serving on the jury of a murder trial for the crime that he committed. Lying in Judgment was selected for the “Indie Spotlight” on UK-based Literary Lightbox for February 2017, and as Bookworks.com “Book of the Week” for July 11-18, 2016. Available in paperback, hardcover, and ebook formats.
- Lying in Judgment’s sequel, Lying in Vengeance, was released September 13, 2017. Order your signed copy now!
- The Mountain Man’s Dog, Book 1 of The Mountain Man Mysteries. Lehigh Carter, a backwoods forester, adopts a dog he finds injured on a remote highway – and inadvertently gets embroiled in a life-or-death struggle with powerful politicians and crooked cops. Selected as one of Pople’s Book Reviews Best Reads for Fall 2017. Available in paperback, hardcover, and ebook formats.
- The Mountain Man’s Bride, Book 2 of The Mountain Man Mysteries (released February 8, 2017). In this sequel to The Mountain Man’s Dog, rustic forester Lehigh Carter fights to clear first his own name, then that of his fiancée, Stacy McBride, as they are accused of murdering the deputy who once made their lives miserable. Available now in paperback, hardcover, and all ebook formats.
- Write Better Right Now – A Dozen Mistakes Good Writers Make, and How to Fix Them. Self-edit your novels with these handy tips that help you identify and fix common writing mistakes, and make your story pop off the page! Available exclusively for Kindle Reader.
- Gary has also published dozens of shorter works. See the complete portfolio of publications here.
- Plays. Gary is an award-winning playwright, and several of his plays have enjoyed productions on Portland-area stages, such as Happy Anniversary, PS I Love Your Daughter, and Prefacing.
Let Gary Help You Write Your Story
Whether staging a new play, completing his next novel, researching an article, or playing a part in a film or on stage, Gary loves to tell compelling stories – and to help others tell theirs.
An experienced and accomplished editor, Gary has helped many other authors and organizations tell their own story through editing, research, document analysis and doctoring, and ghostwriting. Whether you write long or short, fact or fiction, poetry or prose, self-published or traditionally published work, Gary can help you with structure, clarity, and of course, strong, clean text.
No matter what medium or format you prefer, Gary Corbin helps storytellers like you improve your craft and improve your chances of succeeding in an increasingly tough marketplace.
Writing Services include:
- Writing stories, scripts, or articles
- Producing website, blog, or marketing copy
- Research and analysis
- Editing, proofreading, and critique
- Document doctoring / manuscript repair
- Advice to make you a better writer