Gary is an award-winning writer, actor, editor, and playwright in Camas, WA, a suburb of Portland, OR. Whether staging a new play, researching an article, completing his next novel or playing a part in a film or on stage, Gary loves to tell compelling stories – and to help others tell theirs.
- Lying in Judgment, the story of a man serving on the jury of a murder trial for the crime that he committed. Lying in Judgment was selected for the “Indie Spotlight” on UK-based Literary Lightbox for Autumn/Winter 2016 , and as Bookworks.com “Book of the Week” for July 11-18, 2016. Available in paperback, hardcover, and ebook formats. Sequel Lying in Vengeance expected in late 2017.
- The Mountain Man’s Dog, Book 1 of The Mountain Man Mysteries. Lehigh Carter, a backwoods forester, adopts a dog he finds injured on a remote highway – and inadvertently gets embroiled in a life-or-death struggle with powerful politicians and crooked cops. Available in paperback, hardcover, and ebook formats.
- The Mountain Man’s Bride, Book 1 of The Mountain Man Mysteries (forthcoming; release date: February 8, 2017). In this sequel to The Mountain Man’s Dog, rustic forester Lehigh Carter fights to clear first his own name, then that of his fiancée, Stacy McBride, as they are accused of murdering the deputy who once made their lives miserable. Available now for pre-order in ebook formats. Paperback and hardcover versions available Feb. 8.
- Write Better Right Now – A Dozen Mistakes Good Writers Make, and How to Fix Them. Self-edit your novels with these handy tips that help you identify and fix common writing mistakes, and make your story pop off the page! Available exclusively for Kindle Reader.
- Gary has also published dozens of shorter works. See the complete portfolio of publications here.
- Plays. Gary is an award-winning playwright, and several of his plays have enjoyed productions on Portland-area stages, such as Happy Anniversary, PS I Love Your Daughter, and Prefacing.
New bookstore partners!
A big thanks and “welcome to the family” to our newest local bookstores to carry Lying in Judgment and The Mountain Man’s Dog: Basin Book Trader of Klamath Falls, OR and Backstory Books of SE Foster Road, Portland!
New Mountain Man to be Released February, 2017!
The second book in The Mountain Man Mysteries, The Mountain Man’s Bride, will be released February 8, 2017, in paperback, hardcover, and various eBook formats including Kindle, Nook, Apple and Kobo. Pre-order your copy today!
Also, Gary will be producing a show of “instant” short plays in the Fertile Ground Festival of New Works, in the PDX Playwrights production (aka the “Festival within the Festival-within-the-Festival”), the Crazy Dukes Instant Play Festival. Six playwrights will write plays in two days from prompts supplied by the audience of the Daisy Dukes Instant Play Festival’s opening night (Jan. 20). The plays will be performed and fully staged on Jan. 27-28 at Hipbone Studios. It’s a can’t miss event – be there!
Let Gary Help You Write Your Story
An experienced and accomplished editor, Gary has helped many writers and organizations tell their own story through editing, research, document analysis and doctoring, and ghostwriting. Whether you write fact or fiction, long or short, poetic or prosaic, self-published or intended for traditional publishing channels, Gary can help you with structure, clarity, and of course, strong, clean text.
No matter what medium or format you prefer, Gary Corbin helps storytellers like you improve your craft and improve your chances of succeeding in an increasingly tough marketplace.
Writing Services include:
- Writing stories, scripts, or articles
- Producing website, blog, or marketing copy
- Research and analysis
- Editing, proofreading, and critique
- Document doctoring / manuscript repair
- Advice to make you a better writer
- In partnership with Innovative Growth Solutions, organizational development services to help align your organization’s practices with its mission, goals, and values.