Gary is a writer, actor, editor, and playwright in Camas, WA, a suburb of Portland, OR. Whether staging a new play, researching an article, completing his next novel or playing a part in a film or on stage, Gary loves to tell compelling stories – and to help others tell theirs.
Published and Produced Work
- Lying in Judgment, the story of a man serving on the jury of a murder trial for the crime that he committed. Lying in Judgment was selected as Bookworks.com “Book of the Week” for July 11-18, 2016. Available in paperback, hardcover, and ebook formats. Sequel Lying in Vengeance expected in late 2017.
- The Mountain Man’s Dog, Book 1 of The Mountain Man Mysteries. Lehigh Carter, a backwoods forester, adopts a dog he finds injured on a remote highway – and inadvertently gets embroiled in a life-or-death struggle with powerful politicians and crooked cops. Available in paperback, hardcover, and ebook formats. Sequel The Mountain Man’s Bride expected in early 2017.
- Write Better Right Now – A Dozen Mistakes Good Writers Make, and How to Fix Them. Available exclusively for Kindle Reader.
- Gary has also published dozens of shorter works. See the complete portfolio of publications here.
- Plays. Gary is an award-winning playwright, and several of his plays have enjoyed productions on Portland-area stages, such as Happy Anniversary, PS I Love Your Daughter, and Prefacing.
Book Release and Signing Events
Let Gary Help You Write Your Story
An experienced and accomplished editor, Gary has helped many writers and organizations tell their own story through editing, research, document analysis and doctoring, and ghostwriting. Whether you write fact or fiction, long or short, poetic or prosaic, self-published or intended for traditional publishing channels, Gary can help you with structure, clarity, and of course, strong, clean text.
No matter what medium or format you prefer, Gary Corbin helps storytellers like you improve your craft and improve your chances of succeeding in an increasingly tough marketplace.
Writing Services include:
- Writing stories, scripts, or articles
- Producing website, blog, or marketing copy
- Research and analysis
- Editing, proofreading, and critique
- Document doctoring / manuscript repair
- Advice to make you a better writer
- In partnership with Innovative Growth Solutions, organizational development services to help align your organization’s practices with its mission, goals, and values.