Whether staging a new play, completing his next novel, researching an article, or playing a part in a film or on stage, Gary loves to tell compelling stories – and to help others tell theirs.
New novel: The Mountain Man’s Badge
Coming in June, 2018: The third book in the Mountain Man Mysteries series!
Lehigh Carter never wanted to be sheriff. And he sure never wanted to arrest his new father-in-law for murder.
Gary’s newest play, Voodoo Snowball, is a poignant full-length comedy about families, superstition, and the struggle against codependency.
- Thursday, January 25 at 7 PM at Literary Arts (with post-reading panel discussion), 925 SW Washington St, Portland
- Friday, January 26, 7 PM at Hipbone Studio, 1847 E. Burnside St, Portland
Gary once again produced a show of “instant” short plays in the Fertile Ground Festival of New Works, in the PDX Playwrights production (aka the “Festival within the Festival-within-the-Festival”), the Crazy Dukes Instant Play Festival. Six playwrights wrote plays from prompts supplied by the audience of the Daisy Dukes Instant Play Festival’s opening night (Jan. 19), then worked with a team of randomly-assigned actors to perform them off-book in just two days, on January 21, 2018 at Hipbone Studio, 1847 E. Burnside St, Portland.
In the tradition of Philip Margolin, Scott Turow, David Baldacci, Lisa Scottoline and Michael Connelly, Gary Corbin’s thrillers feature complex, realistic characters, revealing their inner struggles as they strive to achieve their own unique concepts of justice. Current works include:
- Lying in Judgment, the story of a man serving on the jury of a murder trial for the crime that he committed. Lying in Judgment was selected for the “Indie Spotlight” on UK-based Literary Lightbox for February 2017, and as Bookworks.com “Book of the Week” for July 11-18, 2016. Available in paperback, hardcover, and ebook formats.
- Lying in Judgment’s sequel, Lying in Vengeance, was released September 13, 2017. Order your signed copy now!
- The Mountain Man’s Dog, Book 1 of The Mountain Man Mysteries. Lehigh Carter, a backwoods forester, adopts a dog he finds injured on a remote highway – and inadvertently gets embroiled in a life-or-death struggle with powerful politicians and crooked cops. Selected as one of Pople’s Book Reviews Best Reads for Fall 2017. Available in paperback, hardcover, and ebook formats.
- The Mountain Man’s Bride, Book 2 of The Mountain Man Mysteries (released February 8, 2017). In this sequel to The Mountain Man’s Dog, rustic forester Lehigh Carter fights to clear first his own name, then that of his fiancée, Stacy McBride, as they are accused of murdering the deputy who once made their lives miserable. Available now in paperback, hardcover, and all ebook formats.
- Write Better Right Now – A Dozen Mistakes Good Writers Make, and How to Fix Them. Self-edit your novels with these handy tips that help you identify and fix common writing mistakes, and make your story pop off the page! Available exclusively for Kindle Reader.
- Gary has also published dozens of shorter works. See the complete portfolio of publications here.
- Plays. Gary is an award-winning playwright, and several of his plays have enjoyed productions on Portland-area stages, such as Happy Anniversary, PS I Love Your Daughter, and Prefacing.
Let Gary Help You Write Your Story
An experienced and accomplished editor, Gary has helped many writers and organizations tell their own story through editing, research, document analysis and doctoring, and ghostwriting. Whether you write fact or fiction, long or short, poetic or prosaic, self-published or intended for traditional publishing channels, Gary can help you with structure, clarity, and of course, strong, clean text.
No matter what medium or format you prefer, Gary Corbin helps storytellers like you improve your craft and improve your chances of succeeding in an increasingly tough marketplace.
Writing Services include:
- Writing stories, scripts, or articles
- Producing website, blog, or marketing copy
- Research and analysis
- Editing, proofreading, and critique
- Document doctoring / manuscript repair
- Advice to make you a better writer
Lying in Vengeance, sequel to Lying in Judgment, released September 13!
The second book in the Lying Injustice Thrillers, Lying in Vengeance, was released September 13, 2017, in paperback, hardcover, and various eBook formats including Kindle, Nook, Apple and Kobo. Order your copy today!
In this sequel to award-winning courtroom thriller Lying in Judgment, Peter Robertson must choose between two horrible options. Both involve death and revenge.
New bookstore partners!
A big thanks and “welcome to the family” to our newest local bookstore to carry Lying in Judgment and The Mountain Man Mysteries: Pipe and Thimble Publishing, Lomita, CA. Lying in Judgment was the first book sold at Pipe and Thimble’s Grand Opening!